Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Know it All by AJ Jacobs - Book Review

Well I finished The Know It All today. And I will say that I really enjoyed it. There were a couple of errors in it. One where AJ says that Lumber is British for Old Furniture. It's not. Lumber is British for the logs, right after the tree has been cut down. Furniture is still furniture.

I enjoyed reading about AJ's time at the Crossword Tournament, and the time he was on the TV game show - Who wants to be a Millionaire with Meredith from the View. I learnt a lot from AJ, without reading the Encyclopedia Britannica.

Here's AJ's website, in which he mentions some other books he is writing.

1 comment:

J.S. Peyton said...

Glad you liked the book! Naturally, I don't remember nearly all of the things I learned when I was reading the book (even the things I read and thought, "That is such a nice fact, I have to remember that!) but I do remember that it was a fun and funny read. It's nice to hear that he's working on something else.