Saturday, May 12, 2007

New Book Blogs and Misleading Reviews

I have been trying to get into Casanova. I purchased it on the basis of the blurbs and reviews. However, the blurbs and review all say that this book is funny - I think they were being sarcastic. Its actually not that funny at all.

I do like the historical parts, about Benjamin Franklin & Thomas Paine, and others, but I dont like all the modern literary parts. Probably because I seldom read anything literary after 1901 (when Queen Victoria died) except bibliographically related books & biographies, and some political biographies.


In the meantime I have found some interesting new Book Blogs - from the UK - so when they mention a quid - they mean a pound. (one pound sterling is currently around $2 US, $2.20 Canadian, $2.40 Australian and $2.70 NZL)

Dove Grey Reader from Devon

Me and My Big Mouth

I also found a new and very interesting Shakespeare website - but that has been posted to my BiblioShakespeare Blog.

No comments: