Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Comments on the comments & signing off for a while.

Here I am wondering why noone has made any comments on my blog, this week, when I totally FORGOT that I had to moderate them to delete the occasional SPAM comment I was getting. So I log in just now and find 11 comments waiting to be posted. I am sorry to all of you who posted a comment and had to wait so long. Thank you.

(edited to add) Have decided to make the comments unmoderated for now, I can delete any spam comments later.

Another exciting parcel arrived today. My first ARC from HarperCollins First Look program. The review is due by August 30, so I'll have time to read & review it.

I'll make this my last post today. I have to be at the hospital at 6.15AM tomorrow to be prepped for surgery starting at 7.45AM. I'm staying in Hospital for 5 days and then who knows how long I will take to recover sufficiently to start blogging again.

For those who want to know, I was diagnosed with a Colloid Cyst of the third ventricle about 18 months ago. This is a benign cyst deep in the brain, located in the ventricles where the Cerebral Spinal Fluid forms. If this cyst grows big enough it can block the CSF, and cause sudden death. My sister had the exact same cyst and she died very suddenly. Although I have no worrying symptoms, I do have some short term memory problems. Which is why I forgot about changing my comments to be moderated. There may be some further short term memory problems after surgery, but that should improve as the brain heals.

So this blog is falling silent for a while.

Ciao for now.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Good luck with the surgery, good for you for taking care of it soonest.

Sam said...

Again, please know that I will keep you in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Literary Feline said...

I hope the surgery goes well, Historia. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Francesca Thomas said...

Thank you everyone for your prayers and best wishes.