Sunday, October 21, 2007

The problem with wearing glasses, and other things

My son went wild on me last night when I tried to read him a bedtime story. Don't wear the glasses, take them off. He was screaming. He eventually told me that the glasses make my eyes look "blurry", not the same. Since one lens does have a stronger prescription than the other, then one eye is slightly bigger than the other when he looks at me. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I had to look hard, but yes, there is a slight difference in the size of my eyes. There's not a huge difference, but he can see it, and he says it scares him.

He also thinks he will be teased because his mother now wears glasses. I dont think so. How many kids have parents who wear glasses? I promised I wont wear the glasses outside around him - unless I am reading - which I do while he plays at the park. but thats not likely to happen to much now that winter is coming on.

And inside, I'm wearing them while I'm on the computer. My back is to the TV. He's on the couch watching TV, and cant see my face. So that's ok, for now.

Today is also my 7th wedding aniversary. Happy anniversary to us (me and DH). We have survived a LOT of things. Not necessarily bad stuff, but we spent over 5 years dealing with government bureaucracy.

I also have a sore throat. I think I am catching the son's cold. My son is coughing (goes with his asthma) and DH is not feeling the best either.

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

Happy Anniversary, Historia! I am sorry you are not feeling well. I'm fighting something too. My throat has been sore for a couple of days now.