Monday, November 19, 2007

Anatomy of a Crossword - Book Review

Anatomy of a Crossword
By Nero Blanc
Berkley Prime Crime
Website

A nice little mystery series involving Crossword Sleuth Belle Graham, and her husband Rosco Pantekratos, a Private Investigator.

One of Belle's earlier mysteries gets optioned for a TV series, so the series producers ask Belle to spend a few days in Hollywood as Technical Consultant. While she is there, one of the actors is killed, the screen writer starts acting funny, and various accidents happen on the set.

Eventually Belle uncovers the fact that the murder was connected to a very popular game show being filmed nearby also involving crosswords.

There are several crosswords scattered throughout the book, which are related to to the story. Answers are at the back of the book. This is a nice series, although I am not a crossword fan.

I'm not reading very much right now because I am still coughing. So is Hubby. And I cannot go back to work until I get rid of this cough. I am trying to read more Canadian books for the Canadian challenge.

No comments: