Monday, September 29, 2008

WOTS was once again, NOT a successful trip

I had hoped that DH would babysit our son while I went to WOTS, (Word on the Street) but he made an excuse saying he just wasn't up to it. Of course I was angry. But since I had run out of money (so I knew I was not going to be able to buy any books) I agreed to take our son with me.

And just like last year it was not a good day. He got to run around, I got to browse a LITTLE, but not much. I also won a free magazine subscription. My son was upset that I hadn't won any toys. All my son wanted was food and toys. I refused to spend what little money I had on $3 hotdogs and a $3 cup of lemonade. My son refused to go home when he got tired. He doesnt recognize when he is tired - I do. Hey its a mothers job to know when her kid is tired, right?

The highlight of my day was to meet Patricia and Dorothy at WOTS.

Next year I am making VERY VERY sure that I go to WOTS on my OWN - WITH money. As long as Bush and Co do not do anything too drastic to affect the economy - I should hopefully be working by September next year.

1 comment:

John Mutford said...

Sorry you haven't had a great track record. Hopefully next year's the year.