Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Doomsday Key - Book Review

The Doomsday Key
By James Rollins
Harper Collins June 2009
James Rollins website

The Doomsday Key is a special fungi that protects humans from the genetically modified crops currently being grown and sold through out the world. The trouble is that genetically modified organisms (GMO) are NOT confined to one place, they are blown by the wind to many other places and interfere with other foods.


In this novel people are dying after eating GMO crops. Their bellies are full but they still starve to death. Grayson Pierce, his Sigma Team, two women from Gray's past, and even the Sigma Agency boss Painter Crowe, are all drawn into the mad rush to find the cure for the GMOs.

This cure was mentioned just ONCE. In one book written at one time. The Domesday Book of England. You haven't heard of this book? Well maybe because it's better known as the Doomsday Book.

The Sigma team travel to Italy, France, England, Norway and to the Svarlbad Islands in the Arctic Ocean, in a bid to find the cure and destroy the GMO's before they kill the people of the Earth.

This book is due to be released to the public on Tuesday 23rd, June, just 3 days from now. I received my reviewers copy last week, and read it straight through.

Once again, this book was fast moving, with plenty of action, lots of history and even some science and archaeology as well. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

National Archives - Domesday Book

2 comments:

Susan said...

Long time no see! I'm so sorry, I haven't been around much on the blog world lately. I've added you to my blogroll so I can keep up with your posts. I hope everyone including you is getting better now from the flu!

I really enjoyed your review of this book. It's going on my list of books to request from the library now! thanks!!

The Book Chick said...

Thanks for the review! This one is on my TBR shelf right now and now I can't wait to read it!