Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Author & Illustrator Maurice Sendak died last week

Some of you are probably asking - Who the heck is Maurice Sendak??

He was the author and illustrator of one of the most famous children's books ever published.

He wrote and illustrated the children's book - Where the Wild Things Are.

It was first published in 1964 - the year I was born. And yes, I distinctly remember having a copy of this book in  my home when I was a child.

Sendak also illustrated the Canadian children's TV cartoon series called Little Bear based on the books written by  Else Holmelund Minarik. Little Bear was one of my favourite TV series to watch when my son was a toddler. I loved Little Bear. 

Information and Image Source - Maurice Sendak died today after suffering a stroke last week


Image and Info source





No comments: